Important things to know about MFG when choosing a Secondary School for your daughter.
- MFG is not zoned – you can select us as your first preference no matter where you live
- MFG is a Government School
- You can get a subsidized bus service even though this may not be your closest school, it will be your closest Girls State School
- Book a tour today to discover why MFG in the Secondary School for your daughter
Year 6 Applications for Year 7
Grade 6 girls from all primary schools – government, independent and Catholic – in the Greater Geelong region are welcome to apply for a place in Year 7 at MFG. Each year we receive applications from over 50 feeder schools right around the region, stretching from Newtown to Colac, Werribee to the Surf Coast and right around the Bellarine Peninsula.
We recommend you take the following steps to get to know our school and decide if it is a good fit for your daughter and you:
- Read through this website
- Attend our Information Sessions on March 13th and our Open Day on March 14th.
- Go on a school tour during the year on Wednesdays 2.30pm – 3.30pm and Fridays 9.30am-10.30am. Contact the school office for details.
- Follow the relevant application process:
- students at government primary schools will receive an application form via their primary school in April.
- students in Catholic and independent schools should contact the MFG office to obtain the relevant forms.
Our Select Entry Advanced Learning Program has a different process. Please come to our SEALP Information Evening on Tuesday 20 March 6:30-7:30 pm so we can explain the process and answer any of your questions. You can register to attend at here. (Please note that you can attend without registering, however this helps us with seating and understanding what your questions might be.)
Enrolling at MFG Years 8 -12
We welcome enquiries from families across all year levels. We understand it can be daunting to start at a new school in later years and we provide a welcoming and supportive environment for all new students.
Enrolment interviews occur at different times of the year however commencement dates are tied to the semester timetables in order to minimise disruption to current students and teachers, and to provide an optimal transition for the new student.
Contact the MFG office for information on how to apply: phone (03) 4243 0500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org