Our Building Program
We are excited to be embarking on a major building program in 2018. Thanks to a $7m funding grant from the Victorian State Government, we will be renovating and refurbishing several ageing buildings on our main campus. Works will begin in Term 2 and are expected to take 12 months.
The 3 storeys of the Embling Wing, which is the large brown-brick building on Myers St, will be gutted and extensively renovated, with the new spaces to include:
- colourful designs inspired by the greens, yellow and reds of the You Yangs
- a state-of-the-art Information Learning Centre (Library)
- three science laboratories
- innovation makerspace
- light-filled, flexible learning spaces
- break-out areas for group work and nooks for independent work and reflection
Our Fenwick St building will be refurbished as our new Food Technology classroom, close to our Community Garden. It will also house the Main Office for easy visitor access.
We will share updates on our progress on this site and our FaceBook page. Below are some CAD concept images that reflect input and ideas from students, parents and teachers.