Calling all MFG past students
Matthew Flinders Girls’ Secondary College has established an alumni program to help our former students keep in touch with their school community and feel a strong sense of belonging.
In the two years our program has been running, being part of the alumni community has proved to be a rewarding and fulfilling experience for all involved.
Through our alumni community you can:
- Advise, assist and inspire current students at MFG
- Network with other past students who work or study in areas relevant to you
- Stay connected to the people you studied and socialised with
The program is developed in partnership with Ourschool, a not-for-profit that is dedicated to helping state secondary schools build their alumni communities.
For the past couple of years, we have established and grown our alumni database and both created and hosted opportunities for alumni involvement – including alumni returning back to the school to provide advice about pathways, supporting students’ wellbeing, offer work experience and networking opportunities.
Our goals at present are to:
- Expand and broaden our alumni network
- Continue to invite alumni back to school to provide career or study advice to students
- Invite alumni to offer work experience placements for students
- Help alumni establish and/or contribute to student scholarships and philanthropic projects/programs
To join our alumni community, please email us at email@example.com and let us know:
- What year you graduated or would have graduated (if you left beforehand)
- What you did after school (study/work/travel)
- What you do now